Self Love and Where 2 Find Help
You are smart. You are beautiful. You are kind. You are important.
I'm so glad you're here.
As many psychology studies attest, self love and compassion are key for mental health and well being, keeping depression and anxiety at bay. Below are ways you can practice self love and also find help.
9 Ways To Practice Self Love
1. Allow yourself to try new things and make your own mistakes.
2. Forgive yourself for your shortcomings and past mistakes.
3. Accept yourself for what you are; embrace what makes you unique.
4. Stop and take a breath if you feel things are getting too overwhelming.
5. Let go of events or individuals in the past that have caused you hurt.
6. Make time for yourself, whether its relaxing or doing a fun activity.
7. Know that caring for yourself is not an overnight process; it takes time.
8. Celebrate all of your accomplishments, no matter how small.
9. Set Boundaries for yourself. Do not take on more than you can handle.
Self Love Affirmations
I am worthy
I am strong
I will succeed
I deserve the best
I am blessed
I choose to be happy
I am beautiful
I am confident
If you need help in an emergency or are in crisis, visit your local emergency department or call 911.
Suicide Prevention - Call 1-833-456-4566
Kids Helpline - Call 1-800-668-6868 (ages 5-29)
Hope For Wellness Helpline - Call 1-855-242-3310 (available to all indigenous people across Canada)
LGBTQ+ Youth Line - 1-800-268-9688
Shelter - sheltersafe.ca (provides information to help connect women and children across Canada with the nearest shelter for safety and support)
Suicide Prevention - Call 988 (NEW NUMBER)
National Domestic Violence Hotline - Call 1-800-799-SAFE
LGBTQ+ - Call 1-800-398-GAYS
You matter! You are important and you are worth it! Stay strong and know it's okay to ask for help.